Monday, March 11, 2013

Greetings from Rome!

Hi everyone!

Blessings to all. I begin this blog in media res, having been here in the Eternal City for a month and a half through the Catholic Studies program at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota. After the sudden announcement of His Holiness Benedict XVI's resignation from the Papacy, I have felt called to be a voice for those back home as the key events develop, especially the passing on of the keys. So, I write this blog, not because I want to publish to the world wide web, but because the Lord wants me to. In the interest of sharing graces received, and hoping to act as your eyes and ears, here it goes!

I take inspiration for this blog from St. John, who, all the while witnessing Jesus on the Cross, was there in silent contemplation, knowing that he would be asked to write about it later. Pray that I may have open eyes and an open heart to see reality and share it with you. On this eve of the opening of the Papal Conclave, let us pray for the Cardinal-Electors, that they may be guided by the Holy Spirit to select a courageous and faithful successor to Peter, the Rock.

St. Michael, Pray for us.
St. John, Pray for us.
St. Paul, Pray for us.
St. Peter, Pray for us.

A classmate and I stopped by Gammarelli's on the way back from school last week to see the three cassocks prepared for the next Holy Father. After all, being the Pope isn't a one-size-fits-all job.

No comments:

Post a Comment